Monday 16 October 2017

Finding the correct ingredients

As I am starting Module 2, I find having a vague concept is causing me to lack clarity to my research.

It's the angle am I seeking research to enable my learners or is it the research to enable my growth as a teacher or is it both? The module is about discovery ,allowing your research to enable a direction and this for me is the confusing part. As we all have noted before from our performance backgrounds and training, we are learners that respond to the autocratic approach you say we do.....now being a student again the "freedom" causes me to crave the instructions.

Back to module 2 - exploring pathways outside of traditional dance.

My current ideas surrounding this are slightly all over the place, and am needing clarity on my main objective/focus.

I am wanting to explore community and outreach projects. The promotion of educating dance students of other areas of work away from the westend and teaching. Broadening this misconception of you haven't made it if you haven't done...........

Highlighting funding, education, community, business, projects.

Incorporating the importance of community work the positive effects and impacts and then looking at both the professional and personal growth of my learners as I take them though a module where they devise their own company and performance.

Looking at the works of Boal, Benjamin Matthais and  maslows humanist psychology.

I wondered if anyone reading this has worked in the community on any particular projects that would like to offer some insight to their experience, to discuss and share some knowledge would be fantastic .
In the meantime back more researching in hope to gain to a clearer understanding of my own objective for this module.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, I felt like you when I started Module 2. My topic started off to being something totally different when i initially began. It wasn't until I started jotting notes down from my research and literature that I "found my way". I kept coming back to a topic that I obviously had an interest for, although it didn't jump out at me at first. If there is something I've learnt about this journey, it is that I never know when a surprise will come! Whether it is learning about myself, my practice or just learning to reflect and be critical. Sam

    ReplyDelete